You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Tagoria. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

LP81 (W1)

Beginner

• "LP81 (W1)" started this thread

Wednesday, October 22nd 2008, 10:53pm

Revamping the "Attack" screen- revisited with new thoughts

To grow on the original ideas put forth by Kill_The_Druid -- exclude certain people from attack searches.

I have an additional thought that might work as well.

When you enter the Attack Screen and plug in your desired parameters, instead of it popping back 1 random result it would be nicer for it to spit out a list instead.

For example. I am lvl 19, looking for an EP fight.

So I will type in Level Restrictions: Exact - 20

This would output a list of 42 players (at the moment) who are exactly lvl 20.

The search results may come up like this:

So on and so forth

You can either choose to attack that person without checking out their stats & Equipment or can view it and then choose to attack...

As LaidBeatle is an Ally, no option to attack them comes up right away, but you can still click thru to their profile and attack them there (since some horde mates will tell you to attack them for certain reasons)

I think that the majority of the "Leader Board" code could be reused to pull this off.

It would save many headaches of players who go thru, do a search, find an ally or someone they know has a SF already and then click on the attack menu, redo the search and hope to get a new result (I have gotten the same person 3 times a row before)

Anyone have any thoughts?

Wednesday, October 22nd 2008, 11:06pm

I am also perturbed by constantly getting allies, and by getting the same person multiple times in a row.
My first thought with ideas like this, which end up with players seeing fewer windows, is that we see fewer adverts, and so GAS won't go for it... but this sort of thing would probably only affect premium players, who don't see ads.

There is no good reason I can think of to not have this feature. :thumbup:
It's a kilt, not a skirt!
(Unless it's a "Ladies Drink Free" night at the pub...)
:thumbsup:

Wednesday, October 22nd 2008, 11:07pm

this would make things a lot easier (maybe to easy ?)

but i would love it:D

Wednesday, October 22nd 2008, 11:09pm

i agree with this plan and hope that the developers put it into the game. it cost like 1 as (and sometimes for no reason 2 as for me) to find someone but in the long run you actually waist more as trying to find one person that isnt even garunteed to give you any as. so your wasting more as trying to find one person when you could of bought that shiney new hammer you always wanted.
if you could click this link and help me on my games id appreciate it verry much :)

http://www.tagoria.com/?ref=72108-1ENTG

MrMushroomMan

Intermediate

Wednesday, October 22nd 2008, 11:19pm

If they don't put it in, you could always just pull up the HS screen in one tab [sorted by level] and whack away....
Join [Fungi] Amanita Muscaria in EN-Tag W1

Thursday, October 23rd 2008, 11:52pm

That's what I do anyhow. Open up the highscore screen and sort it by level and then start at the bottom of the list for those 1 lvl above me and work my way up. I tend to do my first few attacks against those which have less than par equipment but then when I'm at 1% lp I'll just suicide against anyone higher level for the EP. A problem with this method is if you want to target players that are not on the Highscore list since it only shows the top 3000 players and that already excludes all of the best lvl 7 cows.