You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Tagoria. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Monday, September 22nd 2008, 2:10am

Quest rewards need to scale to level.

Ok, I don't mind never getting rares, or diamonds, or Divine favors... but at level 9... already a bulb is useless to me. Please at least scale the herbs that are handed out to a players level.

With monsters always taking a fair chunk of health in almost every fight, at higher levels, a bulb won't even heal 1/2% of health and yet its the most prominent reward. The base herb reward should at least be usable to the person receiving it.

Lord Shadow

Beginner

Tuesday, September 23rd 2008, 11:03am

Agreed.

werelox

Trainee

Tuesday, September 30th 2008, 8:17am

Yeah, a bulb is only of value from like 1-6 then after that a ROR should be a minimum for like 7-13 then herbs of healthing or so on....

Thursday, October 2nd 2008, 7:19pm

Indeed. At least 23, I'd say I get bulbs as approximately 95% of my quest rewards. Roots comprise 4%, Herbs .9% and everything else the .1%.

Rare rewards should be...well, rare. Bulbs aren't actually "worthless". I use them to fill in healing in-between fights and such. But 50 lifepoints out of 2700 is silly. The point is, I should be making more than I did at level 1. If I were a druid and I was sending people out to run errands, I would certainly expect to pay more to have a level 25 person doing something for me than a level 5. I would pay a lawn service of adults more than my 10yr old next-door-neighbor. We make more money at the farm every 5 levels, why not increase the quest rewards? It really just makes sense.

Rashid

SuperMod EN

Thursday, October 2nd 2008, 10:01pm

I think there is a lot of merit in this suggestion: by the time you are past level 20, you don't want to see much less than a herb for healing purposes. I'm currently at 3450Lp (level 26 w/Feast): while the damage for plunders/quests may have reduced (it usually ends up <500Lp), having 3-4 battles a week ensures that I need full healing at least twice (on average). With current quest rewards, this tends to put me in negative income fairly frequently, as it requires almost a full day's plundering to heal from scratch. This week, I was on the losing side of the DB, and ended up with around 3360AS - ie nothing by the time I had healed myself.

(And yes, I could leave myself in my cave to heal, but then people tend to discover that you are low on health and you suddenly start taking regular hits for xp from lower levels...the healing never quite takes off...)

My suggestion would be something along the lines of:

Bulb as 'standard' up to 500Lp
Root as 'standard' up to 2500Lp
Herb as 'standard' up to 5000Lp
Potion as 'standard' up to 10k Lp
Essence as 'standard' beyond that

There would obviously be a chance of a 'poor' reward (ie less than the standard reward), but the biggest chance would be for the standard reward for your level.
"I do not think that word means what you think it means..."

Stedenko

Unregistered

Friday, October 3rd 2008, 3:12am

agreed

Kasuma

Trainee

Monday, October 6th 2008, 2:07am

I think that with the changes that have happened in the system we are seeing less damage by monsters at high levels, and so now the bulb has become comparable again ... as comparable as it was at low levels.

Monday, October 6th 2008, 9:08pm

I've found the same thing. Rarely is a monster fight making me lose any more than 250 LP, even against monsters level 24-25, so I'm not particularly concerned with the low healing provided anymore. Sure it'd be nice to get healing that was more in line with your total LP, but it seems almost irrelevant to me at this point (I have upgraded my cave interior to level 12)