You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Tagoria. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Saturday, September 20th 2008, 3:36pm

*PETITION* CHANGE BATTLES BACK *PETITION*

THIS IS A PETITION to try to change battles back to how they used to be.

As most of you know, there was an error in the code, and we have all been fighting with no weapons in battles, allowing us to get a lot of exp, and TONS of victories. They have now corrected that error, and battles will now give us 0-4 exp if we're LUCKY and we will be doing thousands of hp in batttles against each person instead of hundreds.

Lets get as many posts as we can on this thread before Monday when the ADMINS and staff get on!
~Warlord Wollip~
~Warlord Vektor~

andypw2

Unregistered

Saturday, September 20th 2008, 3:45pm

I'm part in agreement on this. So far i've only fought in one battle since the changes so i'm not certain how this will effect me, but i did notice a great decrease in battle haul and exp in the one battle i was in.

If it will always be like that, then i see no reason to fight in battles unless merc'ed for large amounts.

Saturday, September 20th 2008, 3:47pm

Battles WILL get smaller.

They cannot just remove weapons again, cuz then everyone will sell their weapons and put all money into stats if they are a merc or battleholic, but they have to make it so that we fight with our weapons, but dont do so much damage
~Warlord Wollip~
~Warlord Vektor~

Saturday, September 20th 2008, 3:48pm

Battles used to be a significant source of xp for me; even though it cost me a lot of amber stones to participate to heal back up afterwards, I still volunteered for nearly all battles.

But with the recent change I see no reason to participate in battles unless there's a compelling reason to (helping an ally, for example).

So I'd like the old way back, please... :P

xViolatorx

Beginner

Saturday, September 20th 2008, 3:49pm

Consider this my signature to join this petition - xViolatorx :!:
xViolatorx

andypw2

Unregistered

Saturday, September 20th 2008, 3:52pm

Rather than effecting weapons, perhaps in a battle they could increase the effect of armour? say that when the two armies fight, they are in ranks (stick with me) and protected each other's flank etc... so they receive a bonus protection in battle - therefore less damage is done, though more than what was previously done

HeffHog

Unregistered

Saturday, September 20th 2008, 3:53pm

I was tagging pretty much every battle that hit the schedule. Primarily for experience and advancement of my character. Large experience points are attractive and the possibility of a haul. Now ... pffft ... I am having a hard time justifying why do anything at all ... Once Quest points and Action points are depleted, there is not much use or enjoyment hanging around especially with the awards system that I've voiced my opinion about. (325 completed quests and no rares awarded yet).

So here I am, agreeing wholeheartedly! Changing the game months after launch which completely overhauls everyone mode of play and basis for hordes ... not good.

Saturday, September 20th 2008, 3:54pm

[font='&quot']Count me in.
I haven't had a battle since the changes but it sounds ridiculous.

[/font]

Saturday, September 20th 2008, 3:55pm

I dont know how to give this thread a good rating but whoever the guy was who made this is PRETTY smart!

Oh wait.. that was me 8)
~Warlord Wollip~
~Warlord Vektor~

Saturday, September 20th 2008, 4:01pm

Signing: greatsaphenous

Kasuma

Trainee

Saturday, September 20th 2008, 4:05pm

signed - the pendulum has swung to the other extreme. I have instructed my horde that they need not register for any battles, even allied battles, until the system has been brought to balance.

Kasuma - Warlord of The Swamp [MASH]

Gilthandariel

Unregistered

Saturday, September 20th 2008, 4:05pm

I would like to lend my support to this petition.

I'm not sure going back to the old way is entirely the answer, because that really favours the high levels (I'm level 24 for the record) and will stretch the gap between us and the new guys even more.

However, having experienced two of these 'mended' battles I am certainly not inspired to fight in the two that are showing now. Before the fix I would have been signing up (or at least trying to get hired) for both.

Weapons should count for something in the battles!

Perhaps a compromise can be found, as I won't be risking 3.5k lp's for 1xp without being paid a lot of amber stones. ;)

Saturday, September 20th 2008, 4:07pm

Signing up for this petition its plain silly to change a game this drasticly, the game took a turn for the worse giving out UBER stuff on Demention Battle and now this. Change it back and leave us alone we liked the game the way it was.

andypw2

Unregistered

Saturday, September 20th 2008, 4:08pm

At the very bottom right it says:

Add to favourites

Rate this thread

Saturday, September 20th 2008, 4:12pm

Thanks, found it :)

LETS GO EVERYONE TELL ALL YOUR FRIENDS< HORDEMEMBERS< ANYONE TO SIGN THIS PETITION :)
~Warlord Wollip~
~Warlord Vektor~

b1idol

Beginner

Saturday, September 20th 2008, 4:13pm

There is nothing in the battles now to attract anyone but the highest level players, and not really even then as the chance of getting XP in a gnat's peepee over zero.

In comparing 2 battles of a similar number of participants, 1 before the change and 1 after, I had 10% of the number of fights and a 300% increase in the damage I did. That's a 3000% change in the way battles operate.

I understand that high-level players with good stats and equipment should only rarely lose to lower level players in battles but it might as well be never now. I want lower level players to have a chance so us at the top are challenged.

Saturday, September 20th 2008, 4:15pm

I support this petition entirely. Consider this my Signature.

Saturday, September 20th 2008, 4:21pm

since i joined i had not missed a battle. that is over now unless they change it. losing almost 4000LP for 1-2 XP just is not worth it for me. Consider me signed up for this.

However suggestions.

Right now I think battles have 1 round only (not 3 like a regular fight) . If this isn't the case then this is what should happen.

If this is the case, each round has 10 attacks. A suggestion would be to drop it to 5. less damage possible that way.

Second suggestion. In battles your Def Value gets doubled or trippled. This way all the gear still has value (stronger weapons till better) good armour still important. Again this way players won't take as much damage.

Memphus

Saturday, September 20th 2008, 4:46pm

signing petition

If the the game continues this way... I'll quit .. it's that simple

Saturday, September 20th 2008, 5:17pm

Supporting Petition

I support this petition. It really is not worth going into horde battles anymore.
X(

Side note: The Dimension battle, - are they affected too?

Saturday, September 20th 2008, 5:24pm

Most likely, yes.
~Warlord Wollip~
~Warlord Vektor~

Saturday, September 20th 2008, 5:36pm

I am not sure if going back to the way it was is the right answer but something needs to be done...battles are pointless other than for the directly involved hordes and the only thing they get is the victory haul and victory/defeat rating.

The lower level guys are going to get creamed even worse now.

Merc'ing and volunteering just lost all interest for me.

Consider me signed up.

greenarrow

Trainee

Saturday, September 20th 2008, 5:37pm

yer count my name in but if the weapons do not do as much damage not completely get rid of them
my quotes:

one man may die, before a thousand men die to do the same job.

lets, let the blades sing and the women.

The mind is stronger than any steal.

Redeemer

Intermediate

Saturday, September 20th 2008, 5:37pm

I will sign this petition. Before this change I had several battles in which I was deadly close to having the most experience, from the looks of things I will be hard pressed to pull that off now but I will know soon. Now I'll probably have to have the entire opposition killed before the battles so that I can have some chance of actually getting exp. from fighting the higher levels. I wasn't even aware of this error... But now that it's fixed I'm not sure if I'll like it "working properly" or not. I suggest a boycott against battles until some sort of action can be taken by the Tagoria Team to rectify the situation.

Signed,
Redeemer
Holy War: W1 EN noble fighter [RO], W6 EN Mr Credit Card, W8 EN Noble [BS]
Tagoria: W1 EN The Redeemer, W3 EN Noble
AI Wars: W1 EN Nobility

Lady K

Professional

Saturday, September 20th 2008, 5:41pm

Signed

The high battle rewards were one of the attractive features of Tag (vs HW) and now it seems to be exactly the same. The change has taken some of the fun out of the game.

You should be able to take your stats and gear into a battle, or whats the point?

Saturday, September 20th 2008, 5:46pm

before i was losing more battles than winning but now im getting more victories and losses. but i still lose some. so im not sure of the battle system untill i do some moe battles and sign the petition.
if you could click this link and help me on my games id appreciate it verry much :)

http://www.tagoria.com/?ref=72108-1ENTG

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "july71389" (Sep 20th 2008, 6:03pm)

Saturday, September 20th 2008, 5:48pm

I think battles should have 1 round only (not 3 like a regular fight).

I agree. The individual duels within a battle should only last one round.

The update was well intended because the warriors should be receiving the benefits of the weapons and armor that has been equipped, and we shouldn’t be fighting naked anyhow. That’s dangerous!

However, if the one on one skirmishes lasted only one short round, then I think everyone would be happy. To me, it seems that short rounds would also more realistically depict the fluster of activity in a hectic battle anyhow.

Signed, Arati

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "Arati (W2)" (Sep 20th 2008, 6:37pm)

Saturday, September 20th 2008, 5:52pm

Consider this signed

Saturday, September 20th 2008, 7:00pm

I am signing this as well as a Captain of my horde I don't see the point anymore in declaring they said they fixed the problems so I declared got 2 xp in 3 fights and lost all my health it was not worth it for me at all to even declare. For that reason I don't think any horde should declare anymore as it is completely useless and Mercs will be charging huge amounts and it will be like horde vs horde as noone wants to join because it cost me like 2.2k to heal full health and to gain 2 xp is dumb to even do battles or join in one.

Saturday, September 20th 2008, 7:10pm

Sign me up.

I want the equipment to have an impact, so I don't want it back the old way. But this new way is horrible. We need battles to last longer and give more XP

I will not spend another dime on this game as a customer until this is fixed.

I think the best thing we can all do (outside of this petition) is to collectively stop declaring battle on one another and stop buying premium tickets. If we all do that, they will hear us loud and clear.

Saturday, September 20th 2008, 8:37pm

Signed

Saturday, September 20th 2008, 8:49pm

What other way are we supposed to gain experience enough to level up at high levels?

People of lower levels a large number of higher level players to attack for 2 exp (1 if they lose). Those of higher levels only have the battles (and maybe 12-20 exp plundering). I need 243 exp to go up a level. That would take me nearly two weeks if the only thing I had was plundering. The battles were also really good for experience for mid-teen level players. I say bring back the ORIGINAL battle plans or find some other way for us to get experience points.
If you need help in the game PM me. I'll be glad to offer my advice.
If you need to start over, use one of my links below.
Druids_Death on W1- http://www.tagoria.com/?ref=90641-1ENTG
Druids_Deity on W3 - http://www.tagoria.com/?ref=248495-3ENTG
Druids_Deity on W4 - http://www.tagoria.com/?ref=10270-4ENTG

Saturday, September 20th 2008, 9:12pm

I would agree with everyone here, a change is definitely needed, but not to go back the way things were. The developers have severely handicapped the lower level players now by making a drastic change to the battle module after a month of playing time...the higher level players (i am lvl 23 by the way) have now benefited from weeks of over inflated experience wins in battles, and it now will take everyone a week or so to level whereas it took all of 2-3 days to level. To make a drastic change now is ridiculous, but I understand why it was made...I think there needs to be a happy medium somewhere. Defense buffs should be added now to counter the effects of the weapons....maybe a bonus defense to the defender of an attack....

Saturday, September 20th 2008, 10:06pm

signing petition

There needs to be a change, cause as it is now battle is pointless and that's a pretty big part of this game that's just went pointless.

Saturday, September 20th 2008, 10:17pm

Please CHANGE BATTLES BACK *PETITION*

Please change the battles back to the way they were.

Saturday, September 20th 2008, 10:31pm

Ok I'm lv 10 and my prior battle outcomes were as follows:

Alleged barehanded battles:

0-2, 2EP
3-2, 8EP
0-3, 3EP
0-2, 2EP
2-1, 5EP
1-3, 5EP

Alleged weapon wielded battle:

0-1, 1EP

For me, either way I end up totally dead at end of battle so the healing isn't a point of gripe. Failed quests mean healing, etc and so forth so no matter what I have to use heals at this point in my career. However, I might have lasted more than one fight if it were the way before, even if I lost both fights, so...

consider this signed... Krazied

Saturday, September 20th 2008, 10:33pm

Agreed and signed.

As a mid-teen level player the battles where the primary for gaining experence and quests the primary way of gaining amber. my progression is going to drasticly slow and the high end players will now dominate this world for a long time becuase in one-to-one attacking there is no way to win and now in battles there is no way as well.

Saturday, September 20th 2008, 10:57pm

Movie Battles

If you watch any good hand-to-hand battle movie (like, say Braveheart) you will notice that each person gets like one or two hits in on a single person and then they move on. I like the idea of having my equipment count for something, but let's give each player one attack and one defense for each "fight" in a battle. there should not be a full round and definitely not 3 rounds. this would keep the equipment in the game as well as minimize damage lost on each fight. Win-Win
If you need help in the game PM me. I'll be glad to offer my advice.
If you need to start over, use one of my links below.
Druids_Death on W1- http://www.tagoria.com/?ref=90641-1ENTG
Druids_Deity on W3 - http://www.tagoria.com/?ref=248495-3ENTG
Druids_Deity on W4 - http://www.tagoria.com/?ref=10270-4ENTG

Saturday, September 20th 2008, 11:24pm

*signed*

Agree totally with this. Battles need to not kill you in 1 fight and give decent xp. A single hit or a single round would be much better than letting the first fight you enter do 1500 damage in one direction.

Saturday, September 20th 2008, 11:29pm

singned

I don't know what, but something needs to be done.

Vudu