You are not logged in.

Dear visitor, welcome to Tagoria. If this is your first visit here, please read the Help. It explains in detail how this page works. To use all features of this page, you should consider registering. Please use the registration form, to register here or read more information about the registration process. If you are already registered, please login here.

Thursday, April 1st 2010, 8:18pm

stat cost chart

hello. im looking for a stat cost chart. something that can tell me "if stats cost x amber then ive spent y total on stats so far" sort of chart. also, are the stat costs the same incriments for companions? or at least a list of the cost increases and how many times it costs each amount, so i can create a chart.

Thursday, April 1st 2010, 9:22pm

you can do it yourself very easily..

tier=number_of_stats/5;
stats_cost_at_tier=(tier+5)^2;

tier = complete 5 stats bought at same price

so for 101 BOUGHT stats you get :

tier=101/5=20;
stats_cost=25^2=625

means you bought 20 times 5 stats at same price and you're working on tier 21 next.

if you know a stats cost you can find its tier by doing :

sqrt(stats_cost)-5=tier;

then

Source code

total_cost=0;
stats_left=0;

for (i=0;i<tier;i++)
{
total_cost=5*(i+5)*(i+5);
}
stats_left=stats_bought-tier*5;
stats_left=stats_left*(tier+5)*(tier+5);
total_cost=total_cost+stats_left;

for stats cost of 15129 you have :

tier=sqrt(15129)-5=123-5=118

ofcourse knowing only the tier doesn't help you that much, you need know where on the tier you are (to determine the stats_left).

so figure out how many stats you have bought and then you'll have an accurate figure on how much you paid for them.

for 597 stats at cost 15129 you'll get 3,169,972 as spent.

the pet stats follow the same logic/values.

if you want to determine how many stats you've bought for your character (or how many stats someone bought) you need to :

add all the base stats
then substract 5 stats you had at lvl 1
then substract the 5 free stats you had to train at lvl 1
then you had 6 free stats till lvl 2
then you got (level-2)*10 free stats will the current level
then substract 4 free stats from current level
substract 3; until the next level you'd get 6 more free stats. you could assume you already trained 3 of those 6 free stat (you'll be off in most cases by 1-3 stats. but it's a more general approach)

so you get :

stats_bought=total_stats-5-5-6-(level-2)*10-4-3=total_stats-23-(level-2)*10;

then you have all the info needed to see exactly (well not exactly exactly because of the 3 stats we assumed you trained) how much you spent on stats.

for pets just substract 5 stats for every level greater than pet's base level.

hope this helps

Thunderwolf

Intermediate

Thursday, April 1st 2010, 10:25pm

Jeah, the calculation for the stat cost is quite simple. I have them all in an excel spreadsheet (in which I also keep track of plunders, cows, personal stats etc.).. Found out I have spent about 1,8million amber stones on stats so far :P...
W3 EN > [FW] Fatal Warrior

TGW3EN

W1 NL > Krijgsheer [OvdK] Orde van de Kitsune

TGW1NL

Become my referral and earn premium tickets for tagoria: pm me for link(s).

falcotron

Professional

Friday, April 2nd 2010, 12:24am

total_stats-23-(level-2)*10
It's probably a little easier for most people if you simplify this further to total_stats-3-level*10.
substract 3; until the next level you'd get 6 more free stats. you could assume you already trained 3 of those 6 free stat (you'll be off in most cases by 1-3 stats. but it's a more general approach)
Yeah, you're right. I've been using 4 in my stats leaderboard, because that's how many free stats you've gotten at 50% of the way in. But really, you have 0 for 1/4th of the time, 2 for 1/4th, 4 for 1/4th, 6 for 1/4th, so the average is 3. So, I've been slightly overestimating everyone's bought stats.

(Back before they changed things, when I could still get everyone's xp, I actually calculated the number exactly.)

Speaking of the stats leaderboard, I'm still working on getting it working again since the big update. It's not just that they added companions; they also restructured the page, making it much closer to nice clean XHTML+CSS instead of mess-o-tables, but also doing odd things like putting quotes around all the stats and then making the quotes not show up.
Top accounts for sale: TG1 (or the gear) and AI1
Already sold: HW1/2/3/4 TG1DE

Friday, April 2nd 2010, 9:38am

would be a nice idea if we had a wiki where we could post all these instead of burying them in the forums.

whatever happened with the suggestion that we analyze combat reports to try and determine relationship between stats and combat results?

Friday, April 2nd 2010, 9:44am

Have at it....someone started this a couple of years ago and no one has done anything with it......

http://tagoria.wikia.com/wiki/Tagoria
Support GREEN freedom!!!

falcotron

Professional

Friday, April 2nd 2010, 2:14pm

would be a nice idea if we had a wiki where we could post all these instead of burying them in the forums.

whatever happened with the suggestion that we analyze combat reports to try and determine relationship between stats and combat results?
I actually came up with a theory that seems to work for HW fights, but I don't have nearly enough data to test it and make sure. (Well, I have enough data to be pretty sure it works for two level-114s, but a level-60 vs. a level-30? No idea.) And nobody seems interested in following up.

If people are interested in doing it here, I'll post it under Game Discussions, then let me first spend a couple days seeing if it holds up for my fights here, and we can come up with a handful of useful tests for other people. If it passes all those tests, then we can go on to gathering more data and having someone who remembers more statistics than me figure out what the confidence values are and all that stuff.

And if it fails those tests, then we just gather a whole ton of data until someone has a bright idea for a new theory.

Friday, April 2nd 2010, 6:39pm

you have too much time on your hands falco. go out , get drunk, jump a girl

Friday, April 2nd 2010, 11:29pm

you have too much time on your hands falco. go out , get drunk, jump a girl

chicks dig ppl who can determine the outcome of a fight based on stats :P

falcotron

Professional

Saturday, April 3rd 2010, 4:27am

With all due respect, you're wasting the same hours/day on this game as me, and if you're not the slightest bit interested in how it works, you're getting a lot less out of it.

PS, who got Uhura in the new Star Trek movies? Spock, because he figured out how the date script works. :)

Saturday, April 3rd 2010, 10:58pm

go to www.thetagorianempire.com and go to "other stuff" then "stat costs"

falcotron

Professional

Saturday, April 3rd 2010, 11:49pm

go to www.thetagorianempire.com and go to "other stuff" then "stat costs"
That still doesn't help with knowing how many stats you've bought, and that's actually the hard part, so you still need to either read AKYD's post and bust out the calculator, or run some nice spreadsheet or script that someone could write but hasn't yet.

And once you've done the hard part, dividing by 5 and squaring is probably easier than looking up a chart.

Also, I'm already on tier 223, and there are people with more stats than me, so a chart that only goes to tier 159 isn't really enough.

[JoT]Own

Beginner

Saturday, June 12th 2010, 12:30am

Stat calculator

T = 5n(n+1)(2n+1)/6 + 20n(n+1) + 80n

Explanation ;)
For first 5 stats you need 125 as so T1 = 125 as
For next 5 you need T2 = 180 as and so on
Tn = 5n^2 + 40n +80, so for T40 (tier 40 in stat costs, coresponding 200 stats) = 9680.
But at this point you don't know total as needed, you have to add all sums.
So T(total amount) = T1 + T2 + .... +Tn, coresponding to formula:
T = 5n(n+1)(2n+1)/6 + 20n(n+1) + 80n, T is total as needed and n is the imputed value coresponding to tier, or stats/5 if you prefer.
Example: you want to buy 1000 stats for pet, tier number is 200, so n=200, replace in formula and you find out that you will need 14.253.500 as :)

Trademark by Own :D

Love to do math. You can give me other challenges. You can find me in W5 or W6 En.