You are not logged in.

Monday, October 20th 2008, 4:39pm

Suggested: minor text change

Usually I just skip the flavor text on the screens anymore, having read them so many times. But this morning I took a look at the mountains screen while questing, and read this familiar message:

Quoted

Caution: While you are on the move in the mountains, you can be attacked if it has been more than 60 minutes since your last fight. Come back here when the time is up to see the results of your fight.
You can still use healing remedies to improve your health condition whilst the timer is counting down.

Most of us know that when it says "last fight," it means PvP fight. But the very next sentence uses the word "fight" to mean a plunder or quest result. The word "fight" is used to represent two very different actions in the game. I'm sure there are n00bs out there who read that and think they can quest continously without getting hit.

I'm not one who thinks we should make this game idiot-proof, but there is a difference between allowing players to figure out the best strategies and allowing players to be misled by poor directions. :S

Change the text to say something like "60 minutes since your last (fight with a player/PvP fight)" and the other one to "the results of your (monster fight/quest attempt/plunder attempt)". Words in quotes denote possibilities, not to be taken verbatim. :thumbsup:
It's a kilt, not a skirt!
(Unless it's a "Ladies Drink Free" night at the pub...)
:thumbsup:

Tuesday, October 21st 2008, 1:10am

You are spot on with this comment macduffman. The fact of the matter is, I did some serious mental gymnastics because of that very message when I first started playing this game. "Wait a minute, I'm embarking upon a fight, right? But dang, does this fight count or what?" Please don't mislead new players with poorly worded instructions! I'll even give my own recommendation...

"... you can be attacked if it has been more than 60 minutes since your last security fight. Come back here when the time is up to see the results of your [quest|plunder|exploration]."

Shouldn't be too darn hard to be dynamic about what the player is currently doing, should it? ;)

Mavia

Unregistered

Tuesday, October 21st 2008, 8:54am

Changed!

The text will now read:

Quoted

Caution: While you are on the move in the mountains, you can be attacked if it has been more than 60 minutes since your last fight against another player. Come back here when the time is up to see the results of your mission. You can still use healing remedies to improve your health condition whilst the timer is counting down.
The change will be applied at midnight server time (the next server upload).

Tuesday, October 21st 2008, 8:58am

Awesome change, thanks Mavia :thumbsup:

Tuesday, October 21st 2008, 2:40pm

Thank you for the quick response and the good solution. :)
It's a kilt, not a skirt!
(Unless it's a "Ladies Drink Free" night at the pub...)
:thumbsup:

Tuesday, October 28th 2008, 9:02pm

Mavia, where is the new text? It still reads as quoted by macduffman for me in the game...

Mavia

Unregistered

Wednesday, October 29th 2008, 8:43am

Seems it was not uploaded. I'll find out why, and hopefully it will be uploaded by tomorrow.