You are not logged in.

Tuesday, October 14th 2008, 7:30am

Highbie vs Lowbie

I logged in after being gone for like... maybe a day ...and I find my message box filled with all these neat little Defense reports.

Sadly, every single person that attacked me was 10+ levels over me.

Can you guys PLEASE set some kind of level limit when it comes to pvp?

I'm not going to spend a single dollar on this game. Ever. I don't like the idea of logging in, only to find out I'm down like 300+ amber, and can't do a single thing because I'm nearly dead.

Pathetic.

PS: After healing up to about 60% health, I went on a Plundering stroll... only to be attacked within 30 seconds of it completing, and falling back down to 1% health. By someone almost thrice my effing level. WOO THIS GAME IS #!. :cursing:

Tuesday, October 14th 2008, 9:34am

The old saying goes, "You can't take it with you." Such is the case with amber stones. They just fall right out of your pockets if you aren't careful with them. The only way to benefit from your hard work plundering or doing the bidding of the Druid is to *use* those amber stones before you part from your toils for the day. As you amass them, you must also guard against having them taken away by opportunistic warriors above your level. This is achieved by engaging in a Security Fight against someone that you can easily defeat at least once every hour while you play.

Uses for amber stones at the end of the day (assuming you don't have enough to buy that juicy weapon or piece of armor you've had your eye on): buying training points to make your character stronger (5 times your level per stat for STR, DEX, AGI and STA, possibly less for ACC); buying healing items that you can sell on the market another time to quickly build up enough to buy that juicy weapon or armor you've had your eye on; buying an item off the market at discount to sell later to someone else. Just make sure you don't have a large amount on your person and the visits to your cave while you're not logged in will all but disappear!

May your future endeavors in Tagoria be blessed!

Thursday, October 16th 2008, 7:01am

Ibenax, obviously you haven't read the game guide and faq, or you would have picked up two things counter to your current strategy.

#1: don't plunder when you're at 60%. try to be at full health for any quest or attack.
#2: get yourself a safety fight, or you will be attacked.

My character is "macduffman", feel free to PM me with questions. But read the game docs first and save yourself a lot of trouble.
It's a kilt, not a skirt!
(Unless it's a "Ladies Drink Free" night at the pub...)
:thumbsup:

Friday, October 17th 2008, 3:09am

Macduffman, obviously you haven't read the post, or you would have picked up two things counter to your current suggestion:

#1: Everyone that fights me is mega-level in comparison, thus 60% or higher does not make a difference

#2: I -am- a safety fight for higher levels who are too weak to fight their own level range.

I simply cannot log in without having been attacked a gazillion times. Therefor, staying over 60% health is impossible. Buying herbs is impossible as my Amber is constantly robbed from me. I can't quest to get said herbs because, well, I'm frequently attacked.

Don't post a reply telling me what I have and haven't read, dummy. I know how the game works. The only thing I -didn't- know about this game is that it's full of pretentious kids that enjoy slapping new characters with their ePeens.

Safety fight or not, that just pisses all over something I call Gaming Etiquette. Aka; respecting your fellow gamers. Who in their right mind is going to pay for a game that ENCOURAGES hindering new players just to keep from being beat up by someone your own level?

Maybe that idea is just lost on the feeble minds of this community.

Friday, October 17th 2008, 5:08pm

1) You're wrong 2)Calm down 3)Here's some advice

First of all, there is no need for name-calling. Don't bite the hand that feeds you: I was giving you advice. Second, what makes you think I didn't read your post? Here's what you said:

Quoted

After healing up to about 60% health, I went on a Plundering stroll... only to be attacked within 30 seconds of it completing,

And here's what I said:

Quoted

#1: don't plunder when you're at 60%. try to be at full health for any quest or attack.

Quoted

#2: get yourself a safety fight, or you will be attacked.

Which means: Get your safety fight before you plunder, ALWAYS. Which you didn't. And which means, make sure you are at full health before you plunder. Which you didn't. And, both of those things can be learned by reading the Game Guide and FAQ. Ta-da! That wasn't too hard, was it?

Now, addressing what you just said:

Quoted

Everyone that fights me is mega-level in comparison, thus 60% or higher does not make a difference.
You're (pretty much) right, but I wasn't talking about PvP, I was talking about plunders and questing.

Quoted

I -am- a safety fight for higher levels who are too weak to fight their own level range.
Everybody is a safety fight for everybody. I'm level 20 -- do you think I don't wake up with defense messages? It has nothing to do with what level you are.

:!: Look, all sarcasm aside, I sympathize with your plight.

I've been there, most of us have. Here are my recommendations for getting out of it, and staying out of it.
1) Do not, do not, DO NOT plunder until you can get up to full health, otherwise you're just wasting your time.
2) If you are being attacked by people 10 levels higher than you, this means you are at least level 7. This means you are reasonably strong and can attack the reasonably weak for an SF. A level 4 (or what have you) might give you 30 damage, but it will be nothing compared to the 100-500 that a level 20+ will deal.
3) Always, always, always keep enough healers in inventory to heal yourself TWICE. I.e., if your HP is at 1000, keep 2 potions, or 4 herbs, etc.
4) If you are too low on health to cow-hunt or plunder, and you have no AS or bulbs, you are going to have to go to the farm. Don't worry! The money you make at the farm CANNOT be taken from you until you collect it. If you finish work at the farm, and get hit 3 times before you log in, NONE of those guys will have touched your farm ambers. You have to collect it first.

So, work at the farm until you can buy yourself enough to heal yourself up to 100% twice. RIGHT after you collect your money, each time, get your safety fight on someone weaker than you.* You will eventually figure out how safe it is to attack... right now, I can attack most level 7's when I'm at 10% and still win, so I'm sure you'll find something similar.

This method will take a long time, but it is the only sure-fire method I know of to get yourself out of the hole. Good luck. :thumbup:

*If you insist, fight somebody at your level, but you'll lose if you're at low health.

MrMushroomMan

Intermediate

Friday, October 17th 2008, 6:44pm

Quoted

Buying herbs is impossible as my Amber is constantly robbed from me.

Robbed because you keep large sums on you?
Join [Fungi] Amanita Muscaria in EN-Tag W1

Friday, October 17th 2008, 7:59pm

The 'Shroom is right... if I wasn't clear, don't keep AS on you. Buy healers.

Saturday, October 18th 2008, 10:52am

Still aren't reading me clearly.

I'm not a dummy. I understand everything you've said. Stop trying to get me to inflate your ego about how great and perfect your advice is.

For. The. Last. Time.

I log in. I have no health. I have no healing items. I have no AS. Therefor, I cannot buy healing items. Nor can I buy better equipment.

SO MY ONLY EFFING OPTION IS TO PLUNDER. Sometimes -AT 60%-. I'm not going to wait to get to 100% to Plunder, because I can beat the crap out of the mobs. And it doesn't matter if I'm 100% hp or not anyhow, because I'm always killed by L18+'s. Being L7, well, I stand no chance.

So again, I state, I know what the hell to do. But I simply cannot do it. READ. READ. READ NEXT TIME.
Ta-da! Was that so hard?!??!

For sympathizing with my plight, you sure do seem to like responding to me in a condescending tone. Stop pointing at the game guide as if it's the shining beacon of all that is your intelligence. Because if you're just going to point at it while belittling me, you can stfu and leave me alone; I can easily re-read it WITHOUT your craptacular 'tude.

So, to sum up:
I'm not a dummy.
I know what to and not to do with AS.
I simply cannot refrain from being fukt; I'm always held down too long to recover.
A level restriction needs to be put in place; this is just atrocious.

I hate companies that just set their game up for nothing but pvp, or at least a strong element of it, so the competitive mentallity comes into play and overrides people's sense of fun and results in them dumping money into said company's lap for a 'competitive edge' over the rest of the people.
....so they can simply crap all over their experience of the game.

PS: What does your hand feed me besides ego-fueled nothingness? I'll bite that fapper all I want. Maybe your words should be chosen more wisely next time. Don't approach me like a douche then play it off like -I'm- the one that needs to stop the hand-biting.

MrMushroomMan

Intermediate

Saturday, October 18th 2008, 4:38pm

Join a horde, they can provide protection and give you a little help getting healing funds. Unless you made someone mad and they have you on rotation....then you might want to skip plunders and just work until you have enough to heal yourself up several times. Maybe even sell some gear so you can have something stored away for the next couple of days....or just restart entirely.

Saturday, October 18th 2008, 6:33pm

You're being foolish and rude. And you're not paying attention. Plundering is NOT your "only option," work at the farm like I said. Sheesh! Some people don't know when to pipe down and listen, and you my friend may count yourself among them.

Instead of resorting to petty insults, why don't you try the advice we're giving you?

Saturday, October 18th 2008, 11:53pm

You want the game to change rather than adapt to it

Ibenax,

What has become clear with all of your hostile follow-ups in this thread is that you are more willing to vent your frustration on people offering genuine help than you are to actually read and employ the suggestions. Like it or not, Tagoria allows level 7 and upwards to be attacked by anyone. Like it or not, you have reached level 7 and shown, once there, that you carried excess amber stones at one time. Like it or not, there will be follow-up attacks for a while until you demonstrate to the attackers that they're not going to get more amber stones.

If you don't like the way it all works, Tagoria is just not your cup of tea and you shouldn't waste any more of your life force on it. GAS is highly unlikely to entertain your suggestion of level caps because it's been suggested before in here with no effect. For the record, I would be disappointed if things were changed as you propose, anyway.

If it helps, feel free to point out how condescending and unhelpful this post is. I won't be replying to you again.

This post has been edited 1 times, last edit by "shadow255" (Oct 19th 2008, 11:42pm)

Bridget Tae

Beginner

Sunday, October 19th 2008, 11:18pm

As a fellow n00b I would like to die of embarressment on the spot. You are making us all look bad.

buy the healers BEFORE logging off so you are able to heal when you have log on next.
Also you don't need to pay to play.

Sunday, October 19th 2008, 11:40pm

As a fellow n00b I would like to die of embarressment on the spot. You are making us all look bad.

buy the healers BEFORE logging off so you are able to heal when you have log on next.
Actually, Bridget, you bear no fellowship with Ibenax as you are not a n00b, but rather a newbie who wishes to become a better player :thumbsup:

MrMushroomMan

Intermediate

Sunday, October 19th 2008, 11:58pm

I've seen worse. There is one guy in HW that thinks everyone is a coward because he likes to carry 2K on him at all times and wonders why high level people are always attacking him :rolleyes:. I even decided to try and help him and he blatantly ignored me and decided to try to insult me instead :thumbdown: .

Aryn2m

Unregistered

Tuesday, October 21st 2008, 2:44am

Work on it....

and donĀ“t mourn Ibenax :cursing: . Go working to earn money, that you can buy you healing potions, when you come back to the Game. Oh my godness what is it? ?( A small problem and everyone is crying like a baby? :evil: Use your brain to fix the problem. :P

Wednesday, October 22nd 2008, 9:28pm

lost cause

Rashid

SuperMod EN

Thursday, October 23rd 2008, 10:32pm

This thread is now going nowhere, and has devolved to name-calling and insulting. Advice has been asked for and given. Subject now closed.

Stern
SB-Admin
"I do not think that word means what you think it means..."