You are not logged in.

Tuesday, September 23rd 2008, 9:11pm

Battle Tweek to balance levels

Battles would be a lot more fun if the matchup wasn't completely random. I would like to see battles coded so people would fight people closer to their own level for as long as possible.

The level 25+ people annihilate anyone under level 18. That is no fun for low level people, especially with the cost of medicine so high and low amber rewards from quests.

I think it would be a lot more fun for everyone if we fought people close to our own level, at least for the first few rounds.

-Tool

Tuesday, September 23rd 2008, 9:24pm

agree

I'm with ToolZero on this one. Actually, that's how I thought battles worked when I first started playing. The random factor is in keeping with the flavor of the game, but perhaps PC's should start out by fighting characters that are within 3 levels of their own, until there are none left, then you just start fighting whomever.

Battles were one of the best parts of the game, and they are hardly worth it now. At level 15 I was getting about 10XP per battle... now I'm down to 2, because I am only fighting characters 7+ levels above me and I'm done in two fights. Battles aren't fun anymore.
It's a kilt, not a skirt!
(Unless it's a "Ladies Drink Free" night at the pub...)
:thumbsup:

Wednesday, September 24th 2008, 9:37pm

I agree with both ideas. Battles should show off how well you have planned your strategy, not how high you have managed to claw your way up the level ladder. Matching people against the person with the nearest number of experience points would be a tremendous improvement in play for me and many other lower levels who get repeatedly beat up with less gain than losing to the bone collector...

Thursday, September 25th 2008, 10:17pm

Tool: I don't think the order of battle is random. If it were I would meet more sub 20 levels. Havent in ten battles. The order seems to be high against low for both sides. Would welcome a ful description in the faq, but I dont think they want us to know this much detail about the guts of the game....

rezareza

Unregistered

Sunday, October 5th 2008, 3:09pm

totally agree w u all, i just had my very first battle today, from result i c that i fought 2 times, both defeated, and my 1st battle was against player lvl26 when im only lvl13, i mean wth, forget about winning i dont even have a fighting chance, when i fight the 2nd time it was against lv14 but i was left w only 22 lp from the 1st battle so i losses again, my point is FIXED THE DAMMED SETTING 4 BATTLE LOL X(

Tyrael_29

Trainee

Sunday, October 5th 2008, 4:18pm

...Yes, i'm agree with both idea... :thumbsup:
Diablo, The Lord of Terror

Baal, The Lord of Destruction

Mephisto, The Lord of Hatred