You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-50 of 51.

Tuesday, December 23rd 2008, 12:30pm

Author: Rashid

(Forum game) Type your username with your elbow

wse6t534e5trjmn bnhasnmj hyujasqmm,errt Wow. Didn't know my keyboard did Azerbaijani... Stern

Sunday, November 16th 2008, 6:04pm

Are you a SiNner?

*bump*

Thursday, November 13th 2008, 7:26pm

Set Items: Blessing or Curse?

While we are on that topic, Mavia, isn't the 20% chance for players on the winning side only? That means, of course, that you have to be on the victorious side in the first place which, with a 50/50 chance of winning or losing, only gives you a 10% chance of a rare item. And 90%x90%x90%x90%x90% = 59% chance of not having received anything...

Thursday, October 23rd 2008, 10:32pm

Highbie vs Lowbie

This thread is now going nowhere, and has devolved to name-calling and insulting. Advice has been asked for and given. Subject now closed. Stern SB-Admin

Thursday, October 23rd 2008, 10:27pm

A new spin on the "allow diamonds to be bought/sold" idea Devs, please read this.

I also like this idea. I don't know how easy it would be to implement a solution in the code, but I think that it would be worth discussing among the dev team?

Saturday, October 4th 2008, 7:08pm

Make the game fun again

Just to update you guys on this: I believe that the devs will be having a discussion meeting, during which many of the points brought up in the Forums recently will be discussed. I had a frank and honest discussion with Mavia (English Admin) and Udo (German Admin) last week regarding Tag and how the players feel, and I am _really_ hoping that GAS will listen to us. Give them a chance to discuss things and work out how best to proceed, however: changing the game code takes a plan (a careful one, ...

Saturday, October 4th 2008, 6:57pm

Chance to get rares from the druid

Er..79 quests barely registers. I was 249 quests before my first rare _item_ (although I had runes before that), and CoCooMa is, as stated above, currently over 500 quests with no rare items (although, again, he has had quite a few runes). That's 3 months of solid questing for him without having dropped a rare. Now _that's_ bad luck And yes, I too would love to see him get something... *starts the 'give Coo a rare item' charity appeal*

Thursday, October 2nd 2008, 10:01pm

Quest rewards need to scale to level.

I think there is a lot of merit in this suggestion: by the time you are past level 20, you don't want to see much less than a herb for healing purposes. I'm currently at 3450Lp (level 26 w/Feast): while the damage for plunders/quests may have reduced (it usually ends up <500Lp), having 3-4 battles a week ensures that I need full healing at least twice (on average). With current quest rewards, this tends to put me in negative income fairly frequently, as it requires almost a full day's plundering...

Sunday, September 28th 2008, 11:30am

SB for game talk

Bleh: Either raise the issue to Customer Support, where Mavia can take a look and advise the Mods accordingly, or drop me a line (for the same reason). As I have already stated above, if there is an issue with a Mod banning a discussion on game processes then politely refer them to this thread. However, if the 'discussion' is, in fact, simply a series of complaints about the system, then the correct place for them would be here in the Forums. If it is a constructive, useful and/or informative di...

Sunday, September 21st 2008, 12:41pm

With regard to your last comment, b1idol, what I understood from Mavia's response was that the chance of dropping a rare changes _slightly_ according to where you are questing: the volcano has a higher chance than the river. That is not, however, to say that there is no chance of a rare from a River or Valley quest, simply that the chance there is less than it would be at the Canyon or Volcano

Saturday, September 20th 2008, 1:56pm

i dont quite understand the logic behind caves

The cost of upgrading your cave escalates with the benefits, and is not designed to be maxed out at low level. However, as you gain levels and experience, you may find that the choice between (for argument's sake) 2 stat points or +64 Lp/hour regen may cause you to lean towards the cave upgrade. People will always expand their cave 'ahead of the curve', just to see what's there, but I would expect to see a lot of people with a level 20 cave by the time they get to...mmm...probably level 40-50. (...

Saturday, September 20th 2008, 1:41pm

Attack / PvP

Nice reply, Shadow255. I hereby rescind your "newbie" status and mark you as "experienced & possibly dangerous"

Saturday, September 20th 2008, 1:40am

SB for game talk

TZ, in the absence of specific direction, the Mod was (quite correctly) following the SB rules which forbid lengthy discussions. There are no allowances made in the rule for the topic of conversation. This is why I have posted above, so that there are some more precise guidelines which will allow some discussion in the SB. And whether or not you agree with a Mod's decision, I would hope that you would respect it (see Rule #1). This was quite clearly not happening, as one or two players have been...

Friday, September 19th 2008, 11:35pm

I confess that I like the idea of increasing the chance of a rare with the number of quests that you have completed _without_ getting a rare. Now all we have to do is convince the devs this would be a good idea

Friday, September 19th 2008, 11:24pm

SB for game talk

If you feel that any particular Mod is behaving inappropriately, or displaying favouritism, then please let me know. If it's me, please let me know anyway, but by all means also post to the Support Team. I will do my best to ensure that it does not continue, if the complaint is genuine (obviously, any proof that can be offered would be much appreciated). As far as I can see, we have a very fair and even-handed set of Mods. Yes, I am aware that there have been accusations of players trash-talking...

Friday, September 19th 2008, 8:33pm

SB for game talk

Your understanding is appreciated, UMFan. Okay, my official line (subject, of course, to being over-ridden by Mavia) is as follows: If the discussion is meaningful, is not upsetting anyone or causing bad feeling and is not covering any of the specifically-forbidden subjects (politics, religion, s.ex, other games), then it may be allowed. However, IF a Mod asks you to stop and/or change the subject, the correct course of action is to stop discussing and, if you wish to appeal, politely PM the Mod...

Friday, September 19th 2008, 8:45am

SB for game talk

Quoted from "UMfan" the moderators do not think these belong in the SB UMFan, while I do not necessarily disagree with your post, there is one point I need to clear up. The moderators are here to enforce the SB rules. These say: Discussions, political opinions, game negotiations between users or the exchange of long arguments are undesired in the shoutbox. Please use the private message system or the forum for such a purpose. So the mods are doing their job, not inflicting their personal opinio...

Monday, September 15th 2008, 10:03pm

Job Pictures?

Which begs the question (sorry, but it has to be asked): what picture would you have when you get to Level 45 and begin work as a "Breeder"?

Thursday, September 11th 2008, 9:27am

Warlord message notification for diplomacy

I agree with all your points - it would be a nice feature (but yes, people should really send a PM out when they request an alliance)

Monday, September 8th 2008, 9:27pm

Storage space costs money. Why not cut & paste those messages you wish to keep into a document/spreadsheet on your own PC? That way, you get to keep them and it doesn't involve GAS having to buy any more storage space

Friday, September 5th 2008, 11:30pm

failed attacks/plunders take up to 50% of your life instead of 99%

What I do (and it works fine) is as follows: While in bed, I work at the farm. When I get up, I buy Roots with my wages. I then go back to work at the farm while I got to RL work. When I get home, I buy Herbs and Roots with my wages. I then do my daily questing. I estimate that I probably lose 30-40% of my fights on average, at 300-1000Lp a time. However, my Herbs and Roots cover quite a number of these, so that at the end of my questing I can buy stats or equipment and then more healing supplie...

Friday, September 5th 2008, 7:09pm

Job Titles

May I suggest a few alterations to the English job titles, if for no better reason than to head off any number of dubious SB conversations? L45 - Farmer (or Herder, or Stockman) L75 - Herbalist L85 - Miner L100 - Tinker It's just to...avoid anyone misconstruing the titles...

Thursday, September 4th 2008, 7:51pm

Horde Cash Protection

It strikes me that this is fairly useless as it exists. Would the devs consider one of the following options: i) Increase the amount protected to 50% of a Horde's amber, or ii) Have a set amount protected, rather than a percentage (eg 30 diamonds buys protection for 6000 amber) As it is at the moment, if a Horde has 12000 amber in stock, they stand to lose 6000 in a battle. If they activate the protection, it 'hides' 25% (3000 amber), which means that they stand to lost...4500 amber. Which, to b...

Wednesday, August 27th 2008, 1:23am

Rewards from the Mountains

It definitely doesn't use up an action point. And I didn't think it used up a quest point either, but I'm not _sure_ on that one...

Thursday, August 21st 2008, 6:34pm

The Dark Karnival

LOL @ SheWantsRevenge!! I say bring on Nemesis!

Thursday, August 21st 2008, 9:21am

Make HORDE ONLY chat window button glow when active

Ohhh yes. I like this idea too! BIG thumbs up *looks at the dev team and bats his eyelids* Pwetty please?

Tuesday, August 19th 2008, 8:10pm

Are you a SiNner?

If you would like to join the ranks of SiN, then please: i) Include your name, age and nationality in your application ii) Include your status as a Premium/non-Premium player iii) Include any information regarding Holy-War experience iv) Explain why you want to join us v) Include any recommendation from a current SiNner Your application will be considered on merit and a decision made based on a combination of factors SiN has an active network of alliances, and we are often in combat at least onc...

Tuesday, August 12th 2008, 11:58pm

Create a link to Tutorial video in Game Guide

I like that idea, too. The video is, at the moment, a little 'inaccessible' for players who have already entered the game and then find they have no clue what to do (ie 99% of them).

Monday, August 11th 2008, 8:20am

My experience as a new player

The other thing that you can do is join one of the larger Hordes. If you follow the principals above, and you are a Horde member, you can always ask your Warlord to sort it out. If the attacks don't stop, the 'big guns' of your Horde can start picking on those players hitting _you_ constantly

Monday, August 11th 2008, 2:47am

My experience as a new player

The vital thing is not to make yourself a target. Never, ever log off with more than 50 amber in your pocket. Spend everything you have on stats, on healing items and/or on equipment. That way, nobody of higher level will have a reason to re-visit you - you will still be attacked occasionally (for SF purposes), but it will be random and not often. However, if you get hit and someone takes 100AS off you, you can expect to be hit 4, 5, 6...20 times a day by people looking to boost their haul ratin...

Friday, August 8th 2008, 12:45am

Why I have gone off Tagoria

And I have only had 1 rare equipment item, which was a Miner's Pick ( L8 ) that I received at L15 (doh!) I class myself as average in luck thus far: I am doing okay for runes, but poor for equipment (especially when I look at those who have received 3 or more rare items). I hope that it will average out, and if I am the first to receive a L30 rare item then I will be entirely happy

Thursday, August 7th 2008, 11:46pm

reduce healing item costs?

What worries me is that things get worse as you go up in level. At 1500 Life points, you can easily lose 3-400 in a fight. And if you lose, that is healing that you receive no compensation for. Last night, it took me 4 attempts to kill a Bone Collector - I received about 600AS as reward, but had spent in the region of 900AS for healing. I think I need to start taking notes of exactly what reward vs healing costs I am getting now...

Thursday, August 7th 2008, 12:05am

Shoutbox Censored System

*grabs the bottle of Absinthe back off Admin* Ah! That's where it got to!! Don't steal it again *glare* *starts glugging and giggling at the pretty colours*

Monday, August 4th 2008, 6:33pm

Rune trade offers!

Quick explanation, as this isn't the correct thread: Each level 1 Rune gives you +1 in the linked stat (STR for Fire, DEX for Air, etc). As I understand it, when you collect a complete set of 8, you can then trade them in to give you a permanent +10, at which point you start collecting the level 2 runes (not sure if these are +1 or +2 for each)...and it continues like that.

Sunday, August 3rd 2008, 10:17pm

Shoutbox Censored System

Stedenko In that case, please let me know! I can't do anything about it if I am not aware of it happening...please, please PM me with any details and, if it happens again, with any applicable excerpts from the SB. Thanks Stern

Saturday, August 2nd 2008, 12:56pm

Shoutbox Censored System

*slightly off-topic* Dear me, c0rrupt0 - I thought we had sorted this issue out. By all means forward the 3 PMs from players regarding 'Mod favouritism' to me (Stern ban Hammer), and I will deal with them. If they are _about_ me, then forward them to Mavia and SHE will deal with them. But I have not heard any hint of complaint about any of the Mods being biased and, to be perfectly honest, would be entirely 100% happy to justify any of my own actions. According to the vast majority of the player...

Sunday, July 20th 2008, 7:30pm

Tagoria / Holy War

I find Tagoria more engaging than Holy-War. There are still some imbalances which irritate me but, mostly because of the added complexity, it has definitely got my interest and I enjoy it more. No Christian v Saracen stuff either, which is better Having said that, I play more because I like the community and the people with whom I chat in the SB than because the game is especially 'ground breaking'. I soooo want to give the druid a good kicking, however. IMO, it would be really nice to have a _s...

Sunday, July 20th 2008, 7:19pm

Account Sitting

Falcotron had it right, but missed one important fact: If you are having your account sat by someone else while you are on vacation (or whatever reason), then you should send a PM to the Admin Support Team to let them know, in the same way as you _must_ do if there is more than one person playing from the same connection (eg shared PC). That way, we can watch for any signs of multi-accounting, but we know that the accounts are being run from the same IP address and don't send out a warning simpl...

Friday, July 18th 2008, 1:56pm

Horde members not distinguished as allies in PvP attacking

I agree with this idea - at the very least, it shouldn't take too much effort to get members of your own Horde listed as "Ally" Several times, I have come perilously close to jumping on fellow Horde members because of this...

Thursday, July 17th 2008, 7:27pm

Game Guide and FAQ

Is it going to be called You Ch00b? *grin*

Monday, July 14th 2008, 9:37pm

Shoutbox Censored System

C0rrupt0, it wasn't clear what you were saying before. Is is being looked into, but would require some reprogramming of the Mod Tool - this is obviously something which GAS has to decide is worth the hassle over. Having the Mods able to see 'underneath' the blanket "Censored" label would be an advantage, certainly, but whether the effort outweighs the benefit I am unable to say. Let's wait and see

Monday, July 14th 2008, 2:58pm

Pre-SB

The SB will calm down - it has been proven several times over in Holy-War. The biggest thing will be when W2 opens, as that will be when all the new players who come in response to the ads on other sites start turning up there instead of W1. I like your idea, but that would mean that the new players would not have the resource of the older players to ask questions of. And, unfortunately, there is not _always_ a Mod to hand You, the players, are the best source of answers that a new player can ha...

Monday, July 14th 2008, 2:12am

Page Load Times

I am reasonably sure that you will find that it _is_ the ads that do it. I know that in Holy-War, we had exactly the same problem and it turned out to be (IIRC) the MechQuest game ads. They are so graphic-intensive and large that it was slowing down a _lot_ of the page loads to a very noticeable degree...

Monday, July 14th 2008, 2:00am

Shoutbox Censored System

C0rrupt0, whether I agree with you personally or not is immaterial. The word is on the censored list, and is therefore considered unsuitable by the owners of the site (until/unless we get it changed through the appropriate channels). Therefore, players using the word are subject to being warned and, if they continue its use, banned. Deal with it.

Saturday, July 12th 2008, 11:01pm

SF for new players?

Would it be possible to introduce an automatic SF for new players when they first enter the game? They would then have the opportunity to read the Game Guide and FAQs in peace, without being immediately ambushed for 10% of their funds by hunters...

Wednesday, July 9th 2008, 10:24pm

Quests

I confess that I rather like this idea myself. You would still need roots for 1v1 fights, post-battle healing and failed quest attempts, but if the druid healed you for successfully completing a quest it would be VERY much appreciated. Nothing worse than spending 4 Action Points and a _load_ of veggies trying to kill the Bone Collector and then being given a +50 root as your reward when you finally manage it, which you then have to contribute towards your healing from the quest anyway...

Wednesday, July 2nd 2008, 8:12am

Shout Box

However, that is one of the primary reasons for buying tickets and playing Premium. Tickets are the method by which GameArt Studios get their income from the game, and make a living. Even programmers have to eat

Friday, June 27th 2008, 7:08pm

Add to foes list from attack report

Ah, okay, see what you mean. Personally, it's not a huge irritation for me, however. But an "Add As Foe" button would be nice on a battle report, yes...

Tuesday, June 24th 2008, 7:54pm

Add to foes list from attack report

I just type their name into the New Foe box and click the button...