You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-50 of 147.

Monday, April 20th 2009, 8:39pm

Author: shadow255

HITTING PEOPLE

Frankly, it all comes down to one thing: what is the goal of the high-level attacker? If it is to earn amber stones, then all you need to do to discourage repeat attacks is always be safe when playing and never have amber stones when not. If it is, on the other hand, to intimidate the lower level player, or to feel strong, or to somehow get even with everyone because of punishment taken at low levels, there is not likely anything you can do to stop repeat attacks. The wisest policy in this game,...

Sunday, April 19th 2009, 8:54pm

RE: RE: Remove 'Explore Area' Quests

Quoted from "whack" I believe it should be part of the premium feature that Quest times should be reduced to 5 minutes. No different to player attack intervals which are also 5 minutes. Perhaps then it should also be a premium feature that attacks by other players can occur 30 minutes after your last PvP fight instead of one hour?

Sunday, April 19th 2009, 8:49pm

Reduction To Quest Times

Yeah, sure, and while we're at it, why make it an hour before someone can attack you after you've had a fight? Changing the amount of time it takes to do a quest or plunder throws the concept of the safety fight into question, especially if you make it possible for a player to finish all their quests/plunders using only one PvP attack for amber security. I don't think it's practical to change one without changing the other as well.

Saturday, April 18th 2009, 5:35pm

cool avatars lol

That either looked much better in preview or preview wasn't used before submitting...

Thursday, April 16th 2009, 5:52pm

'Loosers' in Divine Battles

Quoted from "Redeemer" Well, then I've been in thirteen or fourteen and only received a set item twice. So, I guess I wasted my time about eleven to twelve times now. I did get two or three rune stones, but I've gotten more than that from the druid. So, even with that I probably still wasted my time on most of those battles. So you have won a divine item reward 4 to 5 times in 13 to 14 tries? I would be ecstatic. Between EN1 and EN2 I would say I have at least 20 participations. The results: 2 ...

Monday, April 13th 2009, 6:58pm

Merc Features

Quoted from "Caliban" shouldn't warlords have equal access at any merc though? Lets say I decide to threaten any merc that hires into a battle against me with a no hire rule for my horde and my allies. This could corner a warlord that didnt have as much power to not have access to as many mercs. A lower level horde might not get experienced fighters because they would turn down offers where they will spend more in healing than they like because they are up against a large high level horde. The ...

Saturday, April 11th 2009, 8:21pm

I have a Question!!!

There is no program code to prevent offensive things (censored words being the exception) from being added to a player's profile. This is where contacting a Mod or sending a message in-game to Support about the offensive profile is the way to go. I personally would consider it highly offensive to see a PM I sent to a player quoted with attribution in his or her character profile and would take immediate steps to see it changed. There is no need for a rule addition - this is a simple case of offe...

Wednesday, April 8th 2009, 8:08pm

Random thoughts on the Shoutbox in general

As a player that has forsaken premium membership after playing for 5-6 months with the privileges appertaining thereto, I have been following the flame wars on Shoutbox moderation with some interest. The malevolent tone of some players towards Moderators has me concerned that there is a culture in place on one or more of the worlds that effectively silences polite and thoughtful posting in the Shoutbox. Consider the chilling effect of having dramas play out between a small group of players and t...

Wednesday, April 8th 2009, 6:15pm

New Work Option - Mining

As interesting as this idea sounds, I have to say its chances of being implemented are exceedingly remote. Diamonds are the mainstay of premium ticket purchases, and offering them in this way would invite farming of a different sort on a scale heretofore not seen.

Wednesday, April 8th 2009, 5:56pm

Merc Features

I think you're on to something here Myr, but I have a different twist on it to suggest. Instead of changing how the open mercenary market works, why not have the option for a player to offer their services to a specific horde for a currently open battle in addition to the current register? I see it working as follows: A warrior may enlist in the mercenary register as always and may be hired by any warlord or captain that can afford the stated price.If a warrior does not want to be openly availab...

Saturday, April 4th 2009, 6:55pm

Quoted from "MrMushroomMan" I never said anything about it magically happening, the likelihood of you not getting anything continually goes down as you "lose", the odds are still ~20% you're not going to lose forever even though there is a marginal chance that you could...same way I could win the lottery 5 times in a row; I wouldn't bet on it. Okay, you're almost there, but you're still letting the gambler's fallacy affect what you state. Here is how it should best be stated, in my never-to-be-...

Friday, April 3rd 2009, 6:36pm

Quoted from "MrMushroomMan" The ODDS are the same, ~20%, the LIKELIHOOD tilts in your favor. If you were in 100 DBs and didn't get anything, the likelihood of you not getting anything in DB 101 would be astronomical; making it past 10 without anything is pretty unlikely but yet we have quite a few that have and continue to "lose" at the DB. Unless they're getting/have gotten runes and aren't counting those. Just try flipping a coin 100 times, I'd wager you couldn't get 100 heads if you tried......

Thursday, April 2nd 2009, 6:36pm

::welcome to w2, mod 142::

Are you saying then, that there is a different set of rules to follow for posting in the shoutbox in World 2 than in the other worlds? Perhaps a little too much leeway has been granted in the past and it's now catching up to folks. Just a thought from someone who only had premium on World 2 for the first free week.

Wednesday, April 1st 2009, 8:15pm

3 Word Story

a run-on sentence

Wednesday, April 1st 2009, 8:13pm

RE: Poll: Moderators

Quoted from "shadow255" Please keep comments civil, everyone, this is just for fun! I'm so very happy to see that this suggestion bore such little fruit

Monday, March 30th 2009, 11:03pm

That's it, I'm off

Quoted from "VirgoIII" Excessive and blatant is fairly straightforward. Players who occasionally use a saucy curse word in order to underscore a point are blatantly breaking a rule without being excessive. Players who post repeated curse words are blatant as well as excessive. If a player posts an outside link it is blatant, if they are informed of the rule against that and continue the behavior it is excessive. If this is unclear PM me and I will give more examples of things that can be handle...

Monday, March 30th 2009, 8:06pm

Poll: Moderators

Quoted from "immortalwombat" i think the question should be, are mods doing enough, i don't beleive anyone thinks the mods are doing a "poor job" when you really get down to it, and i imagine most would in a rationale mindset say that mods are doing a "good" job. i think a better poll would be, what should mods do, or, do mods overstep their bounds. Ahhh, then perhaps you should make one yourself! It's dead simple to do too, and fun Oh, and you hit upon the precise reason I started this poll - ...

Monday, March 30th 2009, 8:04pm

That's it, I'm off

Quoted from "VirgoIII" Quoted The tools that the moderators have do not amount to excessive power. Consider how you would like it if you had to continue seeing abusive posts by banned characters every 60 seconds, breaking up or possibly escalating whatever mayhem may have been sparked by taking that action in the first place. On top of that, there is the documentation that must be done to justify the original ban. It's a lot of work and it's done without thanks or payment. And all of this just ...

Sunday, March 29th 2009, 9:24pm

That's it, I'm off

Let's all take a step back and re-evaluate what is at stake when it comes to Tagoria and shoutbox moderators. The shoutbox is a privilege that only players with premium status may enjoy. Since Tagoria is designed to give new character accounts premium status for a trial period of a week, this means that you either have players without much time invested in the game or players with heavy time and/or monetary investment in the game to deal with there. Moderators face 2 thorny problems in this scen...

Sunday, March 29th 2009, 6:58pm

Poll: Moderators

Since the hot topic seems to be the moderators of the SB in Tagoria, let's have a poll on them. Moderators should feel free to vote here too. Please keep comments civil, everyone, this is just for fun!

Friday, March 27th 2009, 8:18pm

That's it, I'm off

Quoted from "VirgoIII" The concept of an unpaid, uncompensated moderator with unchecked authority is flawed. Unpaid and not compensated in any material way, yes. But I do not believe that moderators in Tagoria have unchecked authority. They are accountable for their actions in banning and/or recommending character accounts for deletion. Furthermore, it is hard to argue that a 12 or 24-hour ban from making comments to the shoutbox (that non-moderators can see) is a serious hardship for a player....

Friday, March 27th 2009, 8:02pm

That's it, I'm off

I have been, of my own choice, unable to witness the goings-on in the shoutbox for about 2 months. It is sad to see any player decide to leave the game because of perceived unfairness in treatment by the powers that be. I hope you find what you seek as you journey on elsewhere, Roe.

Tuesday, March 24th 2009, 5:19pm

Ideas To Implement Poll

I would welcome a poll from the development team as well. What would be even more delicious for me than polling on the suggestions posted here by players would be polling on whatever it is that the developers themselves are mulling over. It would be wonderful to know that our input might have an impact as far as helping decide which direction to take on things that affect our gameplay. Obviously there are certain matters that public polling won't help with, but if the development team is at logg...

Monday, March 23rd 2009, 6:19pm

Which suggestion would you most like to see implemented?

Quoted from "bikeman" Nice one. For how long will the poll be open? You got my vote in. nice one shadow! Thanks bikeman I haven't set a closing time for it, but if I change it and put one in I will probably make it open at least 2 weeks. Glad you enjoyed!

Monday, March 23rd 2009, 5:29pm

Which suggestion would you most like to see implemented?

This is a completely unscientific and probably useless poll, but I thought it might be fun to try anyway. I'm picking from the Suggestions section among subjects that have at least 10 replies. If the development team could only implement one of these, which one would you most like them to do? Please, make new suggestions over there - this is just for fun! In going through the forum I found a few suggestions that were too complex or vague to include. Mere post count wasn't enough for inclusion ei...

Saturday, March 21st 2009, 6:31pm

Lights on, lights off.

LIGHTS OFF because I seriously do not want to know...

Thursday, March 19th 2009, 5:20pm

Recent Update

Quoted from "The Nomad" Heard someone say a while ago that it isnt fixed though. You are probably referring to dynamic IP address allocation. Depending on your ISP and the type of service you use, your public IP address may very well change from time to time even if you are only connecting from your home. A difficult thing about tracking accounts by their IP address is when a player plays from work and home, alternating between the two. Throw in proxy servers (and various other masquerading tec...

Thursday, March 19th 2009, 5:04pm

Recent Update

Quoted from "Luthor Huss" The IP address is (usually) the modem address, the 192.000.001 blah blah blah To be perfectly clear, if your computer reports its IP address as something like 192.168.x.x, that is a non-routable address as far as the Internet is concerned (this also holds true for 10.x.x.x and a couple of other subnets that I never committed to memory). Furthermore, it is almost certain that your IP address as seen at Tagoria's servers is something completely different. If you are burn...

Wednesday, March 18th 2009, 5:17pm

PvP/SF after level 7

You're certainly not the first person to suggest this, and probably won't be the last unless the developers decide to make some sort of change to the existing system. However, having seen and understood the system as it is I think you're asking for the game to be changed in a major way. And all the top haulers would be likely to take issue with your notion that attacking players far below them in level results in only a small amount of amber stones. In short: Suck it up, buttercup!

Sunday, March 15th 2009, 4:25pm

How do you play Tagoria?

Quoted from "Flakjacket" I started to play w2, but found that I didn't have the time. As for now, I'm playing W1 only. I have been premium since I started about 5 months ago, but I've only recently started to cash in tix for premium items. Once you hit level 30 you pretty much have to use them to stay competitive. It depends a little on your definition of competitive. If your goal in competing is to gain levels quickly and chase the leaders, then there is no question that you are correct about ...

Friday, March 13th 2009, 7:47pm

How do you play Tagoria?

For the record, I play infrequently on 2 worlds. I used premium tickets for about 5 months in EN1 but now I remain non-premium in both. I considered including HW in the choices but decided it was complicated enough as it is for one poll!

Friday, March 13th 2009, 6:47pm

How do you play Tagoria?

I thought it might be fun and possibly informative to have a poll on how the discussion board lurkers play the game. Flame on if you like

Thursday, March 12th 2009, 7:23pm

CLOSED BATTLES

If you know it has been suggested before, the proper thing to do is make a reply in the existing subject. Please see here and here for the previous suggestions.

Thursday, March 12th 2009, 4:37pm

Great suggestion, Agaroth. Please do something with this, developers - even if it means we have to forward the message to the real email address for our character, it would be an excellent convenience.

Wednesday, March 11th 2009, 9:47pm

Mechanics behind the Druid gift

Quoted from "dukeboards" im not complaining because i've been "luckier" than many people, but you can't tell me it's really random when i see some people saying they've gotten three of the same high level rare amulet in the same week. others have talked on the sb about getting multiple rare armors, etc. i get df's like their going out of style and a good amount of rune stones, but have never gotten a helmet or any jewelry. so its clear that the frequency of rewards may be random, but the type y...

Monday, March 9th 2009, 8:11pm

Stat Average

Quoted from "The Nomad" and I.....have absolutely no clue what your all on about. I gots 3 stats in their hundreds in w1 at level 23, so if ye ask me thats strong enough. at 2.3k each to buy (dont quote me, memory like a seive) at that stage if thats now concidered weak, then the only plausible way a guy can be stronger is by tixxing. big time aswell concidering you only get 1k per ticket. I never tixxed for anything but diamonds, and very little at that, but I hauled a lot of amber hunting cow...

Saturday, March 7th 2009, 6:05pm

Item Choices

Quoted from "Redeemer" How about the choices here? Wristband I Level : 20 Sockets : 1 Strength : 8 Chain Wristband I Level : 23 Sockets : 1 Strength : 4 Stamina : 5 Arm band II Level : 25 Sockets : 1 Stamina : 10 I did face this choice, and I decided against Arm band II entirely because it did not fit the property build I was aiming for. But yet again, it all comes down to taste. I believe I ran with one level 20 and one level 23 wrist item for quite some time.

Saturday, March 7th 2009, 6:00pm

Item Choices

Quoted from "Redeemer" Okay, how about this? Silver Ring II Level : 20 Sockets : 1 Strength : 8 Brass Ring II Level : 23 Sockets : 1 Strength : 4 Agility : 5 The exact same reasoning I put forth in my first reply applies to this choice too. It's a little easier to swallow because it's not total decimation to the bonus you already have to strength from the silver rings. What I would seriously consider doing, if I had 2 of the level 20 rings and were at or above level 23, is replacing one silver ...

Friday, March 6th 2009, 8:12pm

Item Choices

Rings were the one type of equipment where my character in EN1 was fortunate enough to get rares from the Druid. If I had been invested in the level 20 rings when I reached level 26, I think I would have passed on replacing them, though, but not necessarily because of which property bonuses are involved. Both rings only enchant for +1 (or +2 if you're willing to spend diamonds for a master enchantment). It becomes much more worthwhile when the jewelry confers more than +10 to abilities (+11 to +...

Sunday, March 1st 2009, 10:27pm

Theory on the chance factor...?

It is human nature to expect order in all things. When confronted with randomness, we instinctively search for ways to explain outcomes that are simply the result of tossing the dice. The simple truth is, we have been told that the game is programmed to generate quest rewards randomly, and I am inclined to believe that it does just that. This means that on any given day, any given player could complete a quest and get a rare item, rune stone, a diamond or two, normal equipment, a divine favor po...

Thursday, February 26th 2009, 5:22pm

Quoted from "louise" Plunder/ quest rewards are completely random. If you were to write down all of your plunder rewards, you would see that you receive about as many lucky rewards as unlucky ones! Rewards from the druid are also random, although some players will be luckier than others! Keep playing, and your luck will change. There is no system to it. It is random. Some players have their theories on the random factor and how it works however they are only theories. The Oxford dictionary defi...

Monday, February 23rd 2009, 7:24pm

Quoted from "joe rules 7" still waiting for admin here! (chuck norris would win hands down) Do you actually think it helps to use a huge font and underlining when it comes to encouraging a response from the devs?

Monday, February 23rd 2009, 7:18pm

No enchant on weapon above your level

This suggestion accomplishes exactly what? When I was an active player I worked hard to collect enough amber to purchase higher level equipment, with the expectation that I would also enchant it so that the level penalties would be offset a little. The changes to market pricing have already made this even more of a losing proposition for high level players, whether they aim to help lower level players out or want to turn a profit in diamonds while losing as little amber as possible. Might as wel...

Friday, February 20th 2009, 11:35pm

Quoted from "joe rules 7" these are great idea but were forgeting what this thread is about. the devolpers still have not anwsered are questions this is ridiculous! If you expect replies from the developers about non-discoverable mechanics of the game, you're going to be badly disappointed. I would enjoy being proven wrong, but I don't expect it.

Friday, February 20th 2009, 8:05pm

Quoted from "Luthor Huss" So? My sentance structure was fine mate I may only have a D and E grade in GCSE English written and spoken, but I learnt how to put a sentance together Otherwise I wouldn't have gotten my College education You get an A for syntax and structure. You get an F- for appreciation of sarcasm.

Friday, February 20th 2009, 8:03pm

Rare lvl 23 Reinforced helmet for sale

Quoted from "Luthor Huss" Because the min price was 4950as The Blacksmith gave me 5200 or so I don't believe you. The minimum amber you can offer an item for at market is 90% of the full cost from blacksmith. The blacksmith only pays you 50% of the full cost. Something does not add up!

Friday, February 20th 2009, 8:01pm

Quoted from "Xaridah" They should implement a token system where you receive a token from the druid upon completion of a quest. Once you've collected enough tokens you can trade them in for items. Eg: 100 Tokens = 1 Rare item 75 Tokens = 1 Rune Stone 50 Tokens = 1 Diamond ... .. . 1 Token = 1 Bulb This way there will always be goals to achieve (whether short or long term) when questing rather than the mindless grind that it currently is, where the reward is nothing more than an endless supply o...

Thursday, February 19th 2009, 6:41pm

Lance's AVI-corner

You don't need photoshop to add text to an image. The GIMP will do just fine and cost you some time to download, install and learn but no licensing fees.

Thursday, February 19th 2009, 6:37pm

Quoted from "Luthor Huss" All I'm saying is that a lot of people don't get squat either at all or so infrequently, it makes them want to leave. Unnecessarily wordy. You should have simply ended with "... it makes them leave."

Thursday, February 19th 2009, 6:33pm

Rare lvl 23 Reinforced helmet for sale

Quoted from "Luthor Huss" Well, I was looking for under 5k as and 25 diamonds, I got bored waiting for someone to buy and sold it to the blacksmith for over 5k and 22 diamonds, so this item is no longer available. And how, exactly, did you expect to sell for less amber stones than the blacksmith pays you?