You are not logged in.

Search results

Search results 1-35 of 35.

Wednesday, February 18th 2009, 5:51pm

Author: macduffman

Metal Militia now recruiting

We are under new management and looking to add a few good cavemen. PM bleh or macduffman, and be sure to check our horde page to see what we are all about!

Friday, February 6th 2009, 3:47pm

RE: regenerate action points by hour

Quoted from "backslash" I do not think you Germans understand the American consumer we will not continue to pay for something we get so little for. Quoted from "backslash" We value our free speech here in America and when you try to restrict that we get pissed. Thank you for doing your part to make sure that we Americans are never respected the world over. God forbid that a nation representing 5% of the world's population should be globally-minded. Next time you have a criticism, please leave t...

Thursday, February 5th 2009, 5:09pm

Less clicking

This is something I've been thinking about ever since I started playing Tagoria; thanks for taking the time to voice it. I'm sure that most players feel the same way. Regarding "time=money," that's true. Maybe what you're talking about could be another premium feature, since GAS gets some of its money from adverts. If you're paying to play, you don't have to look at adverts, and you should get to skip unnecessary screens.

Tuesday, February 3rd 2009, 3:14pm

Two-way Market

Quoted from "curious_me" the perfect way to bank AS without buy/selling healies - offer to buy a iron flail for 20k 90D, cancel when you need the AS. I hadn't considered that... good point. Perhaps the offer should only stand for 4 hours to prevent abuse, then?

Monday, February 2nd 2009, 10:36pm

Make Horde Camp Mean Something

That's an interesting idea that's worth hashing out. If you ask me, battles need a real facelift, and that could be part of it. The only concern with doing that as a standalone update would be that it might lessen the likelihood of attacks (if you thought your horde was more likely to lose).

Monday, February 2nd 2009, 10:29pm

Two-way Market

It's been a while since I've read these posts, so perhaps someone has already suggested this. Today I find myself with heaps of ambers and diamonds, and I'm looking in the market every 5 minutes to see if there's anything interesting. It's a real waste of time. Why not allow buyers to make offers too, rather than just sellers? Just like with rune exchange! For instance, let's say I wanted to buy an Iron Flail, and I had enough money and diamonds. Let's say that the deals in the market are not ap...

Monday, February 2nd 2009, 10:20pm

Change the prices back, and...

I am continously surprised by how shortsighted GAS seem to be. If there is a problem, and they want to find a solution, there are several hundred people here who care a lot about this game and how it works. They also happen to be the customers! When there is a problem (which does not require immediate action), why not make a forum post and take a poll of the customers? While there are a few trolls, most people are quite intelligent and their experiences are variegated. Surely we could offer some...

Friday, December 12th 2008, 3:30am

No stoppage of cave effects

(Not sure if this has been mentioned elswhere.) Your cave effects, i.e. Warlord's Feast, should be extendable just like premium status is. As it is, you have to wait for your effect to expire before you can purchase it again. Is there a good reason for this? From a purely business perspective, it seems to me that the sonner we spend our diamonds, the sooner we'll buy more tickets. Also, perhaps as with other things bought with diamonds, it would be worth considering having a check box next to th...

Thursday, December 11th 2008, 3:44pm

Battles

+1 The battle system needs an overhaul, but this might be an easy start. Probably keep it to AS, DF's... runes and rares would just make ppl mad (ref: god battles).

Thursday, December 11th 2008, 3:30pm

Sounds good in theory...

It might kill the PvP though. Maybe to keep the PvP alive, make it more like insurance -- i.e., use a deductible. So in Agaroth's example, you get 200as per level protected. Make the deductible 5as per level. The deductible (and any excess ambers outside of your chest) is what is up for grabs in a PvP fight. So if you are level 20, and you have 2500 as, *all* of it is protected by the treasure chest, except 5*20 = 100as. My numbers might be off, but I'm just thinking that if players have *that m...

Thursday, December 11th 2008, 5:45am

Limit Horde Alliances

I agree with the sentiment, but I think there's probably a better way to carry it out. Too tired right now to think of a better way, but I've been thinking about this for a while. 7 of the top 10 winningest hordes in W1 are more or less mutually allied... now seriously, come on... how are other hordes supposed to even have a chance against that? Do we really expect them to just break up that alliance on their own? I know I probably wouldn't, were I in their position.

Friday, November 21st 2008, 3:53pm

horde battle rewards

I agree with shadow -- the rich will get richer and the poor will stay poor. No need to create a system like that.

Saturday, November 15th 2008, 3:53pm

Some radical suggestions

UMfan I was skeptical at first but when you got to the part about removing the village altogether, you caught my interest. I doubt it would ever happen because it sounds very very complicated, but this is exactly the sort of thing that needs to happen to make hordes more relevant.

Friday, November 14th 2008, 7:48pm

Rune Exchange Forum by server name

This is a good idea -- perhaps it could be expanded into a player's trading forum area (i.e. whatever you have up for grabs you can list it), maybe sectioned off like the market -- i.e., standard items, rares, set items, runes. And (as strykr mentioned) sectioned off by world, of course.

Tuesday, November 11th 2008, 4:27pm

Add a diplomacy button to attack results

On the PvP attack results screen, there should be a button to add your foe to your enemies list. Currently when I find someone that I would like to attack again, I have to copy-paste their name, click "character," click "diplomacy," and add them to my enemies list. Call me lazy (I won't argue), but think about all the folks who play this game from their phones, or who don't have good enough computers to keep 7 Tag windows open at once. Also, the way I see it, the fewer screens that we have to cl...

Wednesday, November 5th 2008, 10:10pm

Divine Favours made "divine"

I like the idea of the dynamic bonus rather than a static bonus -- the poster makes a good point. This way, DF's appeal to players of all strengths and levels. I don't know if it's a better idea, but for purposes of brainstorming: perhaps a scaled percentage bonus might be appropriate, i.e. a 5% bonus for stats 50 and under, and reduce the bonus by 1% for every 50 points the stat is, like so: Stat DF Bonus 50 5% 100 4% 200 3% 300 2% 400+ 1% Whatever the dev team decides, consensus seems to be th...

Tuesday, October 28th 2008, 5:07am

Attack Search Change

All the time. They are either (1) allies or (2) I have hit them in the last 12 hours. Happens regularly. When I am doing XP hunting, I almost always get the same 3 people within my first 6 searches... and there are currently about 230 ppl that could fall within my xp hunt.

Friday, October 24th 2008, 4:31pm

A new spin on the "allow diamonds to be bought/sold" idea Devs, please read this.

This is a great idea! Win-win-win: players who can't afford premium tickets can get diamonds; players who think 1000AS for a ticket is a raw deal could sell diamonds at a premium rate; and altogether GAS sells more tickets.

Wednesday, October 22nd 2008, 11:06pm

Revamping the "Attack" screen- revisited with new thoughts

I am also perturbed by constantly getting allies, and by getting the same person multiple times in a row. My first thought with ideas like this, which end up with players seeing fewer windows, is that we see fewer adverts, and so GAS won't go for it... but this sort of thing would probably only affect premium players, who don't see ads. There is no good reason I can think of to not have this feature.

Tuesday, October 21st 2008, 2:40pm

Suggested: minor text change

Thank you for the quick response and the good solution.

Monday, October 20th 2008, 4:39pm

Suggested: minor text change

Usually I just skip the flavor text on the screens anymore, having read them so many times. But this morning I took a look at the mountains screen while questing, and read this familiar message: Quoted Caution: While you are on the move in the mountains, you can be attacked if it has been more than 60 minutes since your last fight. Come back here when the time is up to see the results of your fight. You can still use healing remedies to improve your health condition whilst the timer is counting ...

Saturday, October 18th 2008, 6:33pm

Highbie vs Lowbie

You're being foolish and rude. And you're not paying attention. Plundering is NOT your "only option," work at the farm like I said. Sheesh! Some people don't know when to pipe down and listen, and you my friend may count yourself among them. Instead of resorting to petty insults, why don't you try the advice we're giving you?

Friday, October 17th 2008, 7:59pm

Highbie vs Lowbie

The 'Shroom is right... if I wasn't clear, don't keep AS on you. Buy healers.

Friday, October 17th 2008, 5:08pm

1) You're wrong 2)Calm down 3)Here's some advice

First of all, there is no need for name-calling. Don't bite the hand that feeds you: I was giving you advice. Second, what makes you think I didn't read your post? Here's what you said: Quoted After healing up to about 60% health, I went on a Plundering stroll... only to be attacked within 30 seconds of it completing, And here's what I said: Quoted #1: don't plunder when you're at 60%. try to be at full health for any quest or attack. Quoted #2: get yourself a safety fight, or you will be attack...

Friday, October 17th 2008, 4:34pm

In-horde trade

I don't think it's a bad idea, and I like increasing the relevance of hordes, but I think Kasuma has it right. Also, GAS might work on this when they have a lot of time, but it seems to me like unless we can think of a way to make it easy for them, they won't do it. My suggestions for what could make it easier: 1) When selling an item you can select "Available for horde members only", maybe a check box like with buying action points. Then on the market screen, beneath the item it would say "Avai...

Friday, October 17th 2008, 4:19pm

discussed at length in another post

See "improve the market screen," posted Sept 30 and last replied to on Oct 6. The above and more are hashed out.

Thursday, October 16th 2008, 7:01am

Highbie vs Lowbie

Ibenax, obviously you haven't read the game guide and faq, or you would have picked up two things counter to your current strategy. #1: don't plunder when you're at 60%. try to be at full health for any quest or attack. #2: get yourself a safety fight, or you will be attacked. My character is "macduffman", feel free to PM me with questions. But read the game docs first and save yourself a lot of trouble.

Monday, October 6th 2008, 4:53pm

improve the market screen

Quoted from "Kasuma" The only advantage with the current system is that when a friend is selling you items cheap that item is usually buried under the expensive ones so that you can get to it first. It can be frustrating having a special deal intended for you lifted by another. True, but it would be a small price to pay, and I doubt it would come up much. Anyway, just use PM's and the SB to avoid 99% of those problems.

Monday, October 6th 2008, 3:02pm

it's worth discussion

I'm surprised at the lack of worthwhile commentary on this thread; remedy has a decent idea that is at least worth discussion. Suppose the follwing parameters were set up for "personal mercs": 1) If you attack someone who has a personal merc, you are notified that they have a merc (OR that they have a merc that is a higher/lower level than you, OR even show them the merc's screen). You then have the option to continue the attack, or to bail (you lose the 1AS). 2) The merc must effectively "enter...

Thursday, October 2nd 2008, 3:55pm

Greek ppl......

Ya sas, filo mou. Katalavenete anglika? Ego katalaveno poli, poli, poli ligo ellinika.

Thursday, October 2nd 2008, 3:51pm

when in camp...

I like how questing or farming or being in camp prohibits you from walking around town. It adds a certain reality to the game. However, when in battle camp, you should be able to see the regular battle screen. As it is, if I have entered camp immediately (as many people do), and one or more battles have been declared while I'm in camp, I will never know about it. This goes doubly for non-premium players, who won't have the shoutbox to see the occasional "You fight for XX." Many of us have jobs ...

Tuesday, September 30th 2008, 6:52am

improve the market screen

Currently, some bonehead can sell herbs at 450AS apiece, and list like 30 of them. I have to scroll through 8 pages of his 450AS herbs to find something I'll actually buy. (I'm not going to say that selling healers at full value should be disallowed, but how about posting the seller's identity so that we can all hit him? ) I'm not proposing that we limit flooding the market, because I think everyone has probably done it once and it would be another ridiculous, arbitrary rule. BUT -- I doubt I am...

Tuesday, September 30th 2008, 6:39am

agree

I agree with KTD -- that would make it convenient for horde leaders, *especially* because it's apparently a huge hassle for the developers to allow horde leaders to see the volunteer lists after a battle now.

Tuesday, September 23rd 2008, 9:24pm

agree

I'm with ToolZero on this one. Actually, that's how I thought battles worked when I first started playing. The random factor is in keeping with the flavor of the game, but perhaps PC's should start out by fighting characters that are within 3 levels of their own, until there are none left, then you just start fighting whomever. Battles were one of the best parts of the game, and they are hardly worth it now. At level 15 I was getting about 10XP per battle... now I'm down to 2, because I am only ...